Next Version: 18.104.22.168 - Release Date: September 18th - September 22nd
22.214.171.124 ( September 11th, 2014 )
- Font Awesome updated ( 40 new icons )
- Text and Content Modules - Blockquote Options ( 16 styling options )
- Testimonials Module - Added BG image options ( image, repeat, attachment, position )
- All Posts Modules - Thumbnails now have the ALT attribute
- Slug Settings - Notification at the top explaining that a visit to the permalinks page is required after altering the slugs
- Tutorials - Disabled "automatic row" on tutorials to avoid confusion.
- Cleaning up the code ( 16 files affected )
- If there was more than one row with a BG video the videos did not start
- Row parameters were not cleaned up for each row resulting in a larger LC generated data
- Info Box Module - Button tabs showing when buttons are disabled
- Issue with dropping a module while another module is still being loaded.
- Tutorials - "Tooltips" position was off when the admin bar is enabled.
126.96.36.199 ( September 3rd, 2014 )
- Images not showing up on modules with presets applied to it.
- Couple issues with video background feature on rows
- Removing images in row options not working properly
- "Use featured image" option for background on rows not clearing the image when choosing disabled after already being enabled
188.8.131.52 ( August 30th, 2014 )
- Image options will use ID instead of URL from now on
- Rows - Added option to use the post/page featured image as a background
- Rows - Added margin bottom option
- Title Module - Now available for pages as well
- Separator Module - Added more styling options
- Button Module - Added more styling options
- Info Box Module - Margin options added for 2nd button ( for separation between buttons )
- Staff Module - Email option added to the "social" area
- Content Module - Added styling options for lists
- Accordion and Tabs Module - Shortcodes now work inside of them
- Automatic element centering improved
- Removed stellar data from the code
- Columns broken when row duplicated
- Downloads Module - Tag links broken
- Info Box Module - Typography options not working when there are paragraphs
- Info Box Module - Layout broken in specific scenarios
- HTML and Content Modules - Issues with disabled/enabled CSS
- Text Module - Responsive font size and line height not working when there are paragraphs
- Issue with background images on phones
- Rows - Horizontal margin option not working properly
- Blog Module - Button can now be aligned ( left, center, right ) irrelevant of the alignment of the main area
- Blog Module - Responsive options to change vertical and horizontal padding on the wrapper added
- Option tooltips ( help text ) now have a (x) in top right for closing them.
- Widgets Module - Help text ( tooltip ) added explaining where to register sidebars
- Some minor code improvements
- Excerpt Module - Styling options not working properly
- Issue with dropping modules not working inside of a duplicated row
- Downloads and Partners Module - Links not pointing to the single post page
- Downloads and Partners Module - Wrong labels on "Link" option
- Info Box Module - Button not going away when the URL option is empty
- Button Module - Option to set the button to full width
- Info Box Module - Secondary button ( with it's own styling options ) added
- Text Module - Background Image options added ( image, repeat, attachment, position )
- Partners Module - Option to turn off linking to a single partner page
- Download Module - Option to turn off linking to a single download page
- Text Module - OL and UL now have separate list type options
- All the categories renamed to contain the post type ( Categories -> Projects Categories ) for easier management on pages like the Menus
- Removed MediaElement JS and CSS, it now uses the one that come with WordPress.
- Automatically add a row in LC mode if there's no LC content
- Using a textarea in the WYSIWYG editor ( text module, accordion, table ) broke the page
- Issue with styling presets including some functionaity options
- Issue with the LC powered category archives not working in some cases
Ability for theme authors to override the LC dashboard updates feature until they test their theme with the latest version.
define( 'THEME_LC_VER', '184.108.40.206' );
If you set that in your theme's functions.php, when LC 220.127.116.11 is released it won't show up until you change it to 18.104.22.168 ( or greater ).
Live Composer is expanding it's influence, you can now create archive ( ex. category ) pages with it as well. In WP Admin > Live Composer > Archive Setting you can set which page should be used as the archive page. All the posts modules will automatically show the correct category when used on an archive page.
Best way to explain it is with an example. Let's say you use the text module with the same styling on multiple pages and you decide to change the styling. You'd need to change each of those text modules separately, which takes more time than it should. Not anymore, you can now apply presets to modules and then changes to one of those modules will automatically apply to all the other ones that uses that preset. You will find the presets options in each module under Styling > Presets.
Size of LC generated data
The size of the data generated by Live Composer ( all the info about modules on a page ) has been drastically reduced, up to 95% from what it used to be.
Live Composer wasn't fully translatable ( to be honest most of it wasn't translatable ), but that's fixed now, you can properly translate it to your language. Much of the code had to be changed in order to achieve this but it's worth it.
- Button Module - Option to disable icon
- Button Module - Options to change the position ( left, center, right ) separately for tablet and phone
- Widgets Module - Styling options for lists
- Text Module - Responsive options for h1 element
- Text Module - Styling options for lists
- Info Box Module - Link target option
- Progress Bar Module - Animation speed option
- All Posts Modules - Exclude current post ( if on a post page )
- All Posts Modules - Options to include and exclude posts by ID
- Accordion Module - Option to choose which item is active by default ( can also be set to 0 so all are closed )
- Modals ( like the modal that asks if you're sure you want to disable LC ) - Keyboard shortcuts ( confirm on enter, cancel on escape )
- Modules scroller now scrolls 2 modules at a time
- Comments and Comment Form Modules are now available for pages
- Colorpicker - Styling Improvements
- Thumbnail Module - Option to set the width and height for the thumbnail to be resized to
- Comment Form - Link styling options
- Comment Form Module - Layout issue with comment replies on phone
- Meta Module - Comments link not linking to the comments
- Meta Module - Color option not working
- Blog Module - Issue with separator when there's a sticky post
- Issue with the modules scroller getting stuck on a post when modules are filtered
- Issue with inline styling in the editor
- Issue with the function that checks if a module is active
- Prev/Next pagination option not working properly
- Issue with columns not getting correct size on module row duplication
- Cyrillic fonts not working properly
- Sometimes when editing text ( the WYSIWYG ) the current content does not show in the editor
- Meta Module - Class issue
- Tabs & Accordion Modules - Backspace not working when editing titles
- Product Module - Altering defaults does not work
- All Post Modules - Do not show any of the thumbnail elements if post does not have a thumbnail
- All Post Modules - Newer/Older ( Prev/Next ) pagination option added
- Image Module - Options to resize the image's height and width
- 71 new icons ( Font Awesome 4.1 )
- Staff Module - Option to enable/disable linking to the single staff member page
- Separator - Thickness option
- Load the fonts that are needed for LC mode only when LC mode is active
- Password protected LC pages didn't show the password prompt
- Error when a module that no longer exists is on a page
- Error when a styling option is added in functionality section
- Meta Module - All cateogies/tags were shown instead only the ones that are attached to the post.
- Infobox Module - Title slashes issue
- Single Post Module now available when templating system disabled
- Removed fadeIn/fadeOut animations on module/area/row hover for a more smoother experience ( fading slowed things down )
- Contributors added as a possible option for access control
- No calling of WebFont when the font is a regular one
- All Modules - Justify added as text align option
- Text Module - Content styling changes now affect paragraphs as well
- Text Module - Margin bottom option for paragraphs
- Blog Module - Additional class added for blog posts regarding their format, blog-post-format-THEFORMAT
- Meta Module - The categories/tags now link to their archive page
- Next tutorial link ( at the end of a tutorial ) not working
- CSS issues with comments module
- Testimonials slug wrong
- Single download page returns 404
- Gallery Slider Module - Default animation type wrong
- Gallery Slider Module - Width sligtly bigger than container
- Gallery Slider Module - Border Radius not affecting image
- Testimonials Module - Layout issue when author set on right side
- Meta Module - The spacing option ( between the meta sections ) affects each category ( and tag ) making too much spacing
- WYSIWYG Editor - Some actions broken ( WordPress 3.9 related )
- Accordion and Tabs content editing broken
- Do shortcode on [dslc_custom_field] shortcode output
- Thumbnail Module - Bottom margin option
- WP classes on non-singular pages ( archive, search, homepage ) overwritten by LC and in some cases an error shown
- Columns break when a post doesn't have a thumbnail.
- Module options tabs don't get hidden on save/cancel ( specific scenario only )
- The WYSIWYG editor shows processed shortcodes ( instead of a call it turns into the HTML output )
- Issue with text not being editable in some modules ( button, notification... )
- Templates not showing in admin
- Issue with Comments Form module
- Instagram duplicated in Social Module
- Conflict with another drag&drop feature from a theme
- Bug when changing the modules filter when the modules listing is scrolled
- Page scrolls to top when changing vertical padding on a row
- Issue with parallax feature on long pages
- Product price CSS issue
- Carousel item spacing not correct
- Icons not being properly centered
- Error messages on 404 page
- Issue with content not being properly returned when no LC content added ( on some themes )
- Backspace key ( when not in an input ) going back to previous page
- Products Module – When title and categories disabled the whole main area disapears
- Issue with Text module styling options not being properly applied
- On some themes media modal ( adding an image ) goes behind some elements
- In Chrome the module helper ( blue square when dragging a module from the list ) position issue
- Templates list scroller not working
- If modules has padding the masonry does not calculate properly and brakes the layout
- Issue with the !important option for CSS
- Issue with parallax on mobile ( now switched to regular BG when on mobile )
- Meta Module – Styling issues
- Google fonts not working properly on https
- Default state of colorpickers in row options not correct
- Allow DISQUS to take over the Comments module
- Possibility to set “max width” in percentages
- Allow theme/plugin developers to alter which post type will use the “post templates” system and which one will behave normally ( like a page )
- Option to put thumbnail aside of content ( like in blog module ) for all posts modules
- Ask for confirmation when deleting a row, area or a module
- Use WordPress WYSIWYG editor for Text module
- Option to show full content instead of excerpts in all posts modules
- Enable HTML editing for tabs and accordion contents
- Widget Module – Styling options for lists
- Text and HTML modules – Styling for H1
- All Posts Modules – Option to disable row separator
- All Posts Modules – Do not output the main area when all the main area elements are disabled
- All Posts Modules – Option to set width for the thumbnail to be resized to
- All Posts Modules – Call shortcode on excerpt output
- All Posts Modules – .dslc-post-no-thumb class on .dslc-post element when the post does not have a thumbnail
- Blog Module – Avatar added
- Meta Module – Avatar added
- Switch tabs to regular content with headings on mobile
- “In Viewport” animations for modules
- Option to turn off columns spacing in a row
- Access Control
- Interactive Tutorials ( like on the demo ) accessible on any installation
- Option to set custom classes and IDs for rows
- All Posts Module – Option to put the main area inside of the thumbnail animation options position options
- Row Export/Import
- The Excerpt – New Module
- For Developers – Generation of code needed for altering module defaults
- Numerous notices in the backend settings.
- Blog Module - General styling options weren't affecting anything.
- Issue with the column layout braking in some cases.
- Issue with a specific popular theme that made the layout ( width ) options not show on click.
- Product Thumbnail now links to the post
- Colorpicker replaced with a better one ( accepts alpha/transparency )
- Text Module - More styling options for the headings (h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 ) like bg, padding, border...
- Dashboard updates system integrated. ( known as "Automatic Updates" ).
- Translation Ready
- Feature Control ( ability to enable/disable modules )
- Posts Module - Displays posts from any post type registered ( plugins can be used to create custom post types )
- Option to force !important on CSS rules made by LC ( in case the theme's CSS overwrites LC CSS )
- When the columns do not amount to 12/12 ( 10/12 + 4/12 ), the columns in the next rows were broken.
- Page content ( from WYSIWYG editor ) was showing when you activate the LC mode on a page without LC content.
- Input height on save and load template popups
- The carousel was forced to 4 columns on <1199px, 3 on <980px and 2 on <768px ( owlCarousel plugin defaults )
- On some themes the post title options ( 6 modules ) weren't affecting the post title.
- RTL ( right-to-left content orientation ) fixes.
- In some themes the row controls weren't positioned properly.
- On some themes the LC content was not showing, the whole logic behind figuring out if it should show or not is rewritten.
- Staff Module. New option added to choose whether the social links open in a new tab or not ( Functionality → Other ).
- Galleries Module. Option to show the gallery lightbox on thumbnail/title click ( Functionality → Other ).
- Shortcode for outputing a custom field value. [dslc_custom_field id="FIELD_ID" post_id="POST_ID"]. Use the post_id parameter only if you want to output the custom field value of a specific post/page, leave empty for dynamic.
- Possibility to programmatically change the default option values of existing modules. Main purpose is to let theme developers that want to use LC in their theme set the defaults to fit their design. More info will be in a dev tutorial.
- The <body> will have "dslc-page" class if the currently shown post/page has LC powered content. Main purpose is so users can easily target the content wrapper of the theme and make it full-width only for LC without affecting the regular pages powered by the theme.
- The drag&drop helper element had an offset bug in Chrome v32 based on how far the page was scrolled.
- Setting row vertical padding to 0px was defaulting to 50px.
- Height of the select input field was short in Safari.
- Issue where a module already added on a page was not getting the default value of a newly introduced option.
- LC options were not showing in the admin.
- Had issue with another plugin that was hooking into get posts filter and using some WP variables that weren't ready at the point when LC used get_posts function.
- Fatal Error with themes that had Aqua Resizer script but no conditional to check if it was already defined.
- Om some themes, the CSS from the theme was influencing the height of the module/row option form fields.
- For some themes the content of LC wasn't showing, the logic behind figuring out when it should show is improved now.
- The add to cart and details links didn't have correct links in the products module.
- All posts modules now have a new option, offset to set how many posts to skip. Good for building a magazine layout.
- Product Module - Options to change the "Add to cart" and "Details" text.
- HTML module. Use it for custom HTML and for calling shortcodes ( most importantly for the shortcodes, since the text module was parsing them imediately which made it imposible to edit the shortcode after that ).
- Content module. Output the page's content ( from the WYSIWYG editor ).